- American Petroleum Institute
- ISO 14001
- International standard stipulating globally recognised requirements for environmental management systems
- International Monetary Fund
- Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau e.V. [German Engineering Federation]
Key Corporate and Technical Terms
- Cyber-physical system
- A network of computing elements (software and hardware) and mechanical and electronic components which communicate via a data infrastructure, such as for example the Internet.
- Variable speed system
- Electronic device which adjusts pump speed in line with the required head and flow rate
- Triple-offset butterfly valve
- Butterfly valve design suitable for use in applications with extremely high and low temperatures. The triple-offset design ensures that the valve opens and closes smoothly.
- KSB programme to increase the efficiency of pump systems
- Industry 4.0
- A visionary project from the German government’s future technologies strategy
- KSB Sonolyzer
- Smartphone app capable of analysing the efficiency of fixed speed pump systems equipped with asynchronous motors
- Retrofit measures
- Modernisation of installed systems or components, often aimed at extending their service life, increasing efficiency or complying with new legislation
- Synchronous reluctance motor
- Highly energy-efficient motors whose specially designed rotor laminations guide the lines of magnetic flux. Rare earths are not required to manufacture these motors.
- UN Global Compact
- A global initiative for businesses and organisations launched by the United Nations with the aim of shaping social and ecological globalisation